The complete speed training program aims to:
- Improve acceleration
- Increase maximal velocity
- Maintain velocity against the onset of fatigue
- Closely related to speed training is agility and quickness training. This aims to:
- Improve deceleration
- Enhance the ability to change direction
- Improve co-ordination and dynamic balance
Speed and agility are not the same and improving one does not necessarily improve the other. Athletes rarely have to run in straight lines. They are involved in regular, quick changes of direction. Our program and Speed classes aim to improve the overall speed of all your movements. We work on technique, whole body movements and conditioning to get you moving at top speeds in all directions.
These classes are a perfect compliment to your in-school triaing programs.